Leading university in the course development: South Kazakhstan State University
After this course students:
- have knowledge about Environmental biotechnology and application of biotechnology in waste management
- can explain self-cleaning ability of nature
- can use theoretical and practical knowledge to conduct research methods of conversion of plant materials and biocatalytic processes
- can analyze and use biomarkers / bioindicators / biological test systems.
- can select different kinds of bio destructors and apply in industry
- can construct devices for production of bio-products (biogas production, ethanol production)
Competences obtained by students:
- be able to illustrate self-cleaning power of nature and use of biomarkers / bioindicators / biological test systems.
- be able to create new consortium, bio preparations for degradation pollutants and design method and facilities for biological treatment
- have skills and competence in theoretical foundations and basic methods of conversion of plant materials
- Environmental biotechnology and its role in environmental protection
- Wastewater and treatment methods
- Biotesting and bioindication
- Bio conversion of plant materials and wastes