27.02.2019 y. the seminar on the theme: “Development and modernization of the curriculum, quality assurance of the educational process” took place in the Sh. Ualikhanov Kokshetau State University.
During the workshop were noted that establishment of an effective regional and local waste management system is not possible without qualified and trained personnel in this area. Since 2018, the international project: «Enhancing Competences of Sustainable Waste Management in Russian and Kazakh HEIs / EduEnvi. The project coordinator is Tampere University of Applied Sciences, Finland (Tampere University of Applied Sciences – TAMK). The project is implemented under the Erasmus + programme funded by the European Commission.
Within the seminar, associate professor of Sh. Ualikhanov Kokshetau State University Kurmanbayeva Aigul and manager of LLP “LS Kokshetau” Sergey Beznosikov gave reports. The main environmental problems of the region in the field of waste management were considered. As a result of the discussion, the following resolution was adopted.
RESOLUTION for the webinar between universities
- Development and implementation of new electronic educational programs in the field of waste processing in the higher education system will improve the skills of specialists and improve waste management.
- Prepared modules are practice-oriented and increase the competence of future specialists in the field of waste management.
- The training program should include practical training in office management in the field of waste management. Development of project documentation, protocols, acts and other documents.
- The Union of workers in the waste management industry with production workers, environmentalists and University teachers is necessary to solve the urgent problems of the region related to waste.
- Teach students to work with the population. To carry out propaganda and explanatory work among the population and activities for environmental education and upbringing. To involve the collection and disposal of garbage for all residents, through the preparation of propaganda leaflets, promotional videos, banners, etc to use for this social network.
- Write an appeal to the local executive bodies on the need to support processors of recyclable materials and assist in the rapid solution of production problems:
– allocation of land for reception points;
– permission of installation of garbage containers for separate collection of secondary raw materials on garbage sites of the city;
– issuing low-interest loans, grants, compensations and subsidies to waste processors for the purchase of modern equipment or modernization of existing technologies.
Sustainable waste management is an extremely important task of the state environmental policy. Currently, the industry of collection and processing of secondary raw materials in our country is only being formed and requires support from both, the state and the population.